Tuesday, October 5, 2010

General Conference

Well this week was General Conference. And it was Wonderful, in the very truest sense of the world. Inspiring and uplifting. Educational and faith-building. A blessing, and a privilege, only begin to describe my feelings for this awesome (again in the TRUE sense of the word) Experience. My  questions were answered, my prayers were answered, and my faith was strengthened.

Also on a good note, (I forgot to mention this) Two weeks ago we had a baptism here, in the English work we do in New Plymouth (If someone could look up the definition {Mom} I would appreciate that). That was a really cool experience, and I got to play for the service. Also this coming Saturday we'll have another baptism, again in the English work. Then the following Saturday, we're hoping to see one of our investigators get married and then Promptly baptized. :) So the Church is expanding. Even here in Ontario Oregon. :)

We got a sack of onion yesterday. I mean a SACK, likely close to 50 onions, all the BIG kind. :) We are so clueless as to what to do  with all of them. Any ideas? besides Onion rings. We're already planning on that. :)

Also, it's getting pretty cool here so we're wearing jackets right now. The assistants called and told us that despide the regular rule to put on jackets after conference, we don't have to put them on until November 1st. But it's cold and so we put them on. :)

We had a cool faith-building experience yesterday, and of course it involved food! :) (Would you expect anything less from me?) Well we didn't get the meal calender passed around because of no church Sunday, so we are (so far) without food this month. Well, we've been without dinner for the last few days now, so we prayed to somehow get some dinner... :) Because of earlier experiences, I knew the Lord would answer Our prayer, and Lo and Behold, 5 minutes until 5, Hermana Diaz calls and asks when we were planning on coming over. LAst week we were supposed to have dinner with her, but she had to run, so we set up another time for this week. We never wrote it down, sowe forgot, and the Lord used the experience to strengthen my faith. :) Food and Faith... GOOD combination. :)

Well I must run, but I leave you with my love and testimony that I have no doubt that This Is the True Church of Our Elder Brother in the Spirit, even Jesus Christ. And that the Work I do here is blessing the lives of So many people, namelt Me, my investigators, and you,. :)


Thanks for your love and support.

Love you

bye
--
-Elder Kevin A. Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment