Monday, November 22, 2010

Ontario is in Oregon

Not in Idaho. even though I was called to the IDAHO Boise mission, I am still in Oregon. So is my Companion.

He's feeling better, but of course he gave it to me, so now I'm getting sicker and sicker ever day. That's alright though, it's just a few weeks and then it'll pass. No biggie. :) besides then I'll be clean all winter. :) Hopefully.....

So exciting news..... I killed a chicken this week. It was horrid. I almost couldn't do it. Basically you just tuck the chicken under your arm and twist the head until it's dead. Really it'd very sad. Then you cut off the head and.... we'll I'll spare you the details... But honestly the killing was the worse part. after that, we cleaned it out, and that was actually pretty fun. I got to pull out the chickens still warm heart. No it was not still beating, but certianly warm. So don't fear, if we ever get stuff in the country with only chickens to eat, I know hoe to clean them now. :)

Also we set two more baptsimal goals, and One of them, Aaron Rhinehart, had a very interesting expirence. Now think about the first vision while I tell the story... So I guess the he went over to one of his friends house and they were having a rough time with something... well he thought "hey I can pray for them!" so he bagan to say a kneeling prayer asking for help for his friend, when they attacked him! Like pysically attacked him! Well he got so scared that he kept praying, and eventually they let go of him. As he told the story he was almost shaking from fear at the whole thing. It was so cool! We set a baptismal goal for the 20th. He'll keep it, because he came to church! Him and his Less-active wife both came. :) It was soo cool! That day was such a cool day for people at church. we had like 8 people at church that day. normally if we have one I am happy, 2 I'm estatic. But 8!!! I was bouncing off the walls. :) That and one of our formerly dropped investigators (We stop visiting them) Well we may un-drop them. We'll find out tonight how everything went. :)

Halloween was pretty cool. We were forced to stay inside after 6, so we invited the English missionaries over and we played risk. I almost won, but got cocky and lost it. :( It was a cool night though. We had chips and music, and IBC rootbeer and eggnog. supriseingly out of 6 missionaries I was the ONLY one who actually enjoys eggnog. :) That's so funny.

Well, lately I've been reading my scriptures in spanish, because I really want to make my spanish more fluid and more gramatically correct. Well because of that I have to read them REAL slow. Honestly it can take the whole hour to go through 5-6 verses. I litteraly read them word for word, and analize them that way. it's a real treat to do it that way. I understand so much more of what they say, and even more of WHY it's said that way. It's really very interesting. i'm is Mosiah, and so I just finished the dicourse of King Benjamin. It's increadable. The docterine that he says in so few words. Absolutel blows my mind. from the very first verse to the last I was having very personal learning expirences with the spirit. It was AWESOME! Now that I move into the later chapters and it becomes more of a story, I wonder how the deep reading with change my persective THAT way.

Well I have again run out of things to say, so as Jacob says, I bid the adeiu... :P

Love you dearly

bye

--
-Elder Kevin A. Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment